A good astronomer wants to use his telescope at night AND day. For this you need a high quality solar filter. Sunspots, eclipses and transiting satellites, all can be seen clearly and safely when using a black polymer filter. The sun will appear in a natural orange color through your telescope. Buying the sheet and making the filter on your own will also save you a lot of money. Thousand Oaks Optical have been producing high quality solar filters for the past 30 years and we are an authorized distributor of theirs. Worldwide shipping available.
- Black polymer is the most common filtering material for observing sunspots and granulation, through telescopes and binoculars.
- These sheets are a quality product of Thousand Oaks Optical, Arizona, a manufacturer of safe solar filters for over 30 years. "Stronger than Mylar with the filtering properties protected within the substrate. Guaranteed five years."
- Make a filter on your own for any telescope / binoculars / camera, and for a fraction of what factory made filters cost.
- The sun will appear in a natural orange color when viewed through your telescope using this filter.
- WARNING: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE FILTER IS WELL ATTACHED TO THE TELESCOPE/BINOCULARS, USING STICKY TAPE, TO KEEP IT FROM FALLING WHILE OBSERVING!